National Farmers Principles for Building Successful Partnerships
Our Dairy Division is growing. That’s wonderful, but we can never forget that new milk needs new markets. Our sales staff relies on seven time-tested principles as they develop good homes for the milk our members produce.
1. We don’t compete with our buyers by owning or operating processing plants. We believe farmers should specialize in producing milk and buyers should specialize in processing and marketing products made from that milk.
2. We guarantee the quality that today’s markets demand. Our custom sheets help our buyers navigate
the quality certifications they are required to follow.
3. Our entire sales team stays focused on getting the right balance between supply and demand each time we take on a new farmer-member.
4. Whatever it takes, we want to be a valuable partner for our buyers. We stand ready to help them with Federal Milk Marketing Order issues and supply chain problems as they arise.
5. Our leadership roles in industry organizations help us stay up-to-date about issues that affect our farmers and buyers.
6. We confidently assure buyers that the milk we sell comes from smaller, family dairies. Research shows that consumers prefer milk produced on farms like those we represent.
7. We develop solutions for pricing, delivery, quality and other issues in ways that are fair to our farmers and our customers.
We have great farmers and great buyers. Guided by these seven principles, our sales staff does everything they can to make sure everyone, farmers and buyers alike have every opportunity to be successful.